1. Win-win situation
- We are encouraged to worry about looking good in the eyes of others and yet we forget about how we look in the eyes of Allah.
- We are taught that we should always be the winner in all situations and this results in a constant competition between people.
- Coming across as “the loser” is unthinkable in today’s society and through this actions that are good in Islam come to be regarded as bad and vice-versa.
2. Belief that we are weak if we forgive
- In modern day society there is a reversal of things.
- Things that make us strong according to Islam are regarded as weaknesses in modern day society.
- Islam would rather see the person who humbles himself/ herself as stronger, but in modern day society he/she would be regarded as weak.
- The person who can control his anger, likewise will be regarded as weak, but in Islam we know that this is the stronger person.
- Shaytaan uses our human needs to justify negative actions and to steer us away from what is considered good in the eyes of Allah.
3. Lack of courage to forgive others
- The only fear that we should have is fear of Allah (swt).
- If we make an intention to do good then Inshaa-Allah things will become easy for us.
- We use our fears to justify our negative actions and behaviours and also to make excuses for ourselves.
- This is just another way to get us away from doing actions that will please Allah (swt).